All Ready for Fall!

Yup, I'm all decorated for Fall!  Okay, okay ... juuuuust kidding!  But, I simply couldn't resist the great gathering that Amy is hosting at WhisperWood Cottage.  You can share your Fall decor and projects from last year to get everyone's wheels spinning for the upcoming season!  In fact, your fabulous project(s) could even end up on the pages of "Cottages & Bungalows" magazine! 

So, humor me as I take a stroll down memory lane ... starting with our Fall mantel! 


Even though it took *foreva,* one of my favorite elements was the garland I made by stringing inexpensive wood craft beads onto picture wire ...


Over on the buffet, Mr. Roo took center stage:


And, how easy was it to add a little something to our lantern by nestling a candle in burlap:


Burlap even made its way to our lamp shades, too! 


The breakfast area didn't go untouched, either ... and, those who know me know that our Fall family tree means a lot! 


I always look forward to wrapping it with natural elements (such as burlap, grapevine, pinecones and leaves) and adding special family photos and sayings to remind me what is truly important!


In the neighboring kitchen, a simple word filled a chalkboard (inspired by SugarPie Farmhouse):


Kitchen canisters were easily filled with Fall goodness:


Onto the dining room ...


mixed in with the fun mercury were the white pumpkins that used to be orange ...


that is, until I painted them with Annie Sloane's Old White chalk paint!


Our neutral sitting room was splashed with corals, reds and browns.  And, yes, those are leaf placemats that I layered on top of the mirrors:


I know white pumpkins will be alll over our house again this year, too!  Here is another painted one that I simply placed on a bright orange leaf ... love the contrast.


Lastly, outside ... I made inexpensive pumpkin topiaries to flank our front door ...


and one of my mesh wreaths stood front and center to greet our guests:


As much as I don't want to wish summer away, admittedly, I am looking forward to football, chili and Fall decorating!  Who's with me ?!

Thanks for stopping by ... don't forget to come on over and party!

Becca


I'm also joining:

Savvy Southern Style/WUW
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday




No comments:

Post a Comment